Monday, August 1, 2011

IBS: Five Foot Bubble

Acts 8:29—

And the Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and join this chariot.”

In the previous verses we see a spirit of the Lord direct Philip to walk toward the south to the road that goes down from Jerusalem to Gaza. Philip blindly followed what the angel told him and there he encountered an Ethiopian. The Ethiopian was sitting in his chariot reading the prophet Isaiah. The angel then told Philip to go to him and join his chariot. Philip, again, blindly follows.

I get so caught up in listening for the Lord to tell me to go to Africa or go to El Salvador or do something so daring and drastic. But how often do I listen for the Lord to tell me to approach someone on the same sidewalk as me? Almost never. This verse, as short and simple as it may be, is a great reminder that our mission field can be in our own five foot bubble and for me that is something that is so easy to forget. I need to be more aware of when the Lord speaks to me and tells me where to go whether He tells me to go over seas or across the room. 

No comments:

Post a Comment