Wednesday, August 10, 2011

IBS: Unbound


Acts 12:6—
“Now when Herod was about to bring him out on that very night, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries before the door were guarding the prison. “

Peter was bound by chains, and kept watch over by soldiers, yet he was sleeping.
We all have our chains, things that keep us where we don’t want to be, things that torment our minds.
We all have people in our life, or voices in our heads that “stand guard” so to say, making sure we don’t move forward to a place of peace.
I, personally, have been bound by many things my whole life; some of them for only a season, some of them for many years. I remained restless and plagued by these things that bound my hands behind my back and left me completely defenseless.
Peter slept. Peter had the peace of the Lord, the peace that passes all understanding. Once I came to know the peace of the Lord I was instantly unbound. That doesn’t mean that everything I struggled with in the past left me alone and I was free from pain and sin, but through studying the Words of the Lord and communication with Him, He equipped me with the tools necessary to fight the battle. Much like Peter, I am now sleeping between two guards. There are things in the past that I still have to deal with, and suffer the consequences for, and there are things that will stumble me in the future, but for today, I can sleep peacefully in the love of the Lord.
Peter is an encouragement, and this verse is a good reminder that in the face of trials I need to remember that I have the love of the Lord and I can sleep peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment