Sunday, August 21, 2011

IBS: Ashamed


Mark 8:38—
For whoever is ashamed of me and of my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of him will the Son of Man also be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.

I think of all the times I’ve been ashamed of Jesus, and all the times I’ve lied about my faith in order to be accepted into a group of people. Then I think about what it would be like to look into the face of Jesus, and have Him be ashamed of me.
I’m no longer friends with any of the people who I lied to about my faith. None of them were close friends anyway, but It’s been months since I’ve even talked to any of them. They were frivolous friendships and I’ve shamed my Jesus for no reason.
I am now here at the ranch, separated from this sinful generation and it’s easy to be proud of Jesus. It’s fun to be a Christian around Christians. I pray that when I return to the normal culture I will be strong enough to boast about the Lord in any situation. 


Written: 8/19/11

1 comment:

  1. When I look back to all of the times I let my flesh take over and didn't say something when I knew I should, it all just seems so silly. That's a scary thought, to think of Jesus being ashamed of us. I'm so thankful that we serve a God who is full of grace, who is a loving father who still calls us "daughter" even when we mess up! :)

    ReplyDelete