Sunday, August 7, 2011

IBS: The Best Commentary On The Bible Is The Bible


 Acts 8:35

Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning with this Scripture he told him the good news about Jesus.

Beginning with this scripture. The best commentary on the Bible is the Bible. Sometimes we get caught up with trying to relate through personal stories, or analogies, but the most important tool we have when telling someone about Jesus is the Bible. Don’t get me wrong; stories and personal experiences are a great tool and fun to include. But I think we, myself included, can get so wrapped up in our experiences that it takes the focus away from Jesus.
I can imagine Philip getting so excited when the eunuch asks about whom the passage is about. When someone asks me about Jesus I get so excited to just explode and tell them about the good news! He just opens his mouth and lets his love for Jesus flow out of him. I love that picture.
I need to have so much of Jesus in my heart that when I open up my mouth I can speak straight from scripture and let the love of Jesus flow over whoever I’m speaking to. 

Written:8/5/11

No comments:

Post a Comment