Sunday, August 7, 2011

IBS: Acts 8:30


Acts 8:30—
“So Philip ran to him and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?”


When I am sitting in a coffee shop or at the park and I see someone reading their Bible I think to myself “Wow, that’s so great. I’m in the company of a follower of the Lord.” But I never stop to see if they understand what they are reading or if they believe what they are reading. I imagine this would be a difficult thing to do, but the Lord told Philip to go and it says that he ran to the man; he was eager to follow the Lords instructions. I need to be willing, and eager, to follow the Lords instructions even if they may put me in an awkward situation.


This verse also struck a chord in my own life. So many times I am going through my morning devotional and I don’t understand something, and so many times I just shrug it off. Every time I have brought my questions to attention I have been so blessed by digging deeper into the Word, I want to get better at asking questions about things I don’t understand.


Written: 8/2/11 

No comments:

Post a Comment