Tuesday, August 30, 2011

IBS: Set Free!


Ephesians 4:22—
To put off your old self, which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful desires

I can easily say my former manner of life was corrupt, and I carried deceitful desires. But I can also say, that life is far away from me now. For so long I was in the depths of darkness and all I wanted was to escape. I tried so many times to leave my transgressions behind, but I was weak and always went back to them. It wasn’t until I came to know and trust in Jesus, the almighty Savior, that I was strengthened enough to pull off my old self.
The things of my past don’t make up who I am. I have been set free from my sins, and now I can look back on my old self and see it as a witness tool.
We sung a song during worship today that made me think of this verse. It says, “We turn our eyes from evil things, oh lord we cast down our idols. Give us clean hands, give us pure hearts.” Turning eyes from evil things, and casting down idols is a daily thing. I need to wake up in the morning and pray each day that the Lord with give me clean hands and a pure heart.

Written: 8/29/11

No comments:

Post a Comment