Friday, August 26, 2011

IBS: A Heart To Serve


Romans 12:10—
Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

To outdo one another in showing honor, to honor one another above yourself. What a concept. I’m sure it’s a foreign perception to most people of this generation; I know it has been a foreign thing to me in the past. I’m definitely learning about it here at Potters Field Ranch though. We have six hours of servant time a week, and do service projects, but when it’s mandatory is it truly honoring someone above yourself? When I first got here I didn’t understand why people were offering to clear my place from the dinner table when I was done eating, or why they were offering to make my bed for me. I now know that it is because people here at the ranch have the love and joy of the Lord in them, and when you have that, there is a desire to serve.
I have seen this desire grow in my own heart, but I also see a lot of room for the desire to continue to grow. I need to be aware of other people and their needs, and ask the Lord to continue to grow the desire to be a servant in my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment