Thursday, September 22, 2011

IBS: Hothouse


Luke 17:6
And the Lord said, “If you had faith like a grain of mustard seed, you could say to this mulberry tree, ‘be uprooted and planted in the sea.’ And it would obey you.

In the previous verse the apostles ask the Lord to increase their faith. People here explain the ranch and our time here as a ‘hothouse,’ A place where we can grow in our faith and be strengthened with out the hindrance of too many distractions. We’re in class studying the Word, and things that surround it daily, constantly surrounded by Christian fellowship. We are here to build one another up and be built up. We are in a small box overflowing with faith and love.
Since I’ve been here at the ranch there are fewer distractions, less things to entangle themselves around my ankles and pull me down. I still have struggles but
I know that when I go out the mission field my faith will be tested, and my strength will be tried. This verse is so encouraging; to know that even if I have faith as a grain of mustard seed I can still accomplish the will of God. I need to hide this verse away in my heart so that while I’m broken and beat on the field I can remind myself that I’m not useless. If I have faith as a grain of a mustard seed I can do wild things in the name of the Lord.  

Written: 9/12/11

No comments:

Post a Comment