Sunday, September 11, 2011

IBS: Ephesians 4:30



Ephesians 4:30—
And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

God sealed us for the day of redemption. Each of us individually. He knows us and He has a place for us. Why would we ever grieve Him? How could we?

There as so many different ways we could grieve the Lord, but the one that as of late has resonated inside me comes in the form of love. Pastor Don taught us this week that God will allow our love for Him to be tested. We should despise any relationship that is more precious to us than Jesus. I have thrown myself into things and relationships whole-heartedly and been blind to the fact that Jesus began to fall to the wayside when it came to my priorities.
God sealed me for the day of redemption. Has anybody or anything on this earth done something like that for me? Has anybody or anything loved me in the way that my savior has loved me? Has anyone or anything even come close? No. So how could I possibly love anyone or anything more than Jesus? When I really think about it, I break my own heart. I can only imagine how it hurts my Father in heaven.
I need to wake up every morning and tell Jesus how much I love Him. I need to keep Him on the throne of my heart mind and soul. I need to be sensitive to sin so that I do not grieve my first and foremost love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment