Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Threshing Floor

The Metro ladies were blessed with the presence of Debbie Bryson the last few weeks, and last Thursday she spoke directly into my heart. A few things she said:


––– Sometimes the Lord speaks to our hearts, and then fear speaks to our hearts, and then we're not sure who to follow; the Lord or the fear. In this case, GO BACK to the Lord, and ASK AGAIN. He's not going to be mad to have to repeat Himself. 


––– When we are called to places and called to things, what the Lord is really calling us to is people. He is calling us to souls. I have always felt called to Africa, but the truth is, I am called to the people of Africa, and their beautiful souls. I am called to pour out the love of my Jesus onto them, but in order to do so, I must allow my Jesus to pour into me. 


––– Pray for divine appointments. 


––– Do something WAY over your head!


Also, it seems like everyday in some way the Lord manages to remind me of Luke 12:


"And He said to His disciples, 'therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat, nor about your body, what you will put on. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: they never sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!..." (22-24)


I feel as though my life is on the Threshing Floor. Everything is being smashed and torn to shreds so that it can be changed and something exponentially more beautiful can be made of me. It's so refreshing... :) 



**** 


A special thank-you to Susan and Linda for helping me with the WIFFS Yard Sale, it was a fun, long, tiring day! We made over $400 and all of it is going straight to AFRICA with me! Thank-you to everyone who donated and bought stuff! I love you all, and I wish peace to everyone this week <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment